Blondie Brain Brownies
You known that feeling when you take a bite of something sweet and delicous and your brain goes wild?
Well now you can reward your brain even more with this amazing gluten free brownie, boosted with nootropic lion’s mane mushroom.
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tablespoon LION’S MANE extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 ounces unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ounce dark chocolate (70% or higher), chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, mushroom powder, baking powder and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Add the butter mixture to the flour and stir to fully combine. Fold in dark chocolate pieces to brownie batter.
- Evenly spread batter into baking pan and bake at 350 F for 20-22 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from oven and cool. Cut into 9 squares and serve