Fresh Herb Mushroom Salt
A great way to preserve your herbs and add some mushrooms into your meals!
- 1 cup fresh herbs of choice, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 scoops Turkey Tail powder (or other mushroom powder of choice)
- Preheat oven to 190F.
- Mix your finely diced herbs, garlic, and salt in a bowl. (We used equal parts of chive and lemon thyme for herbs.)
- Spread the mixture out onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Allow to dehydrator for 3-8 hours, this will be dependent on how finely diced your herbs and garlic are. You should be able to break the herbs/garlic a part with your fingers once dried. (The smaller the pieces, the faster the drying time.) Optional – If herbs are not finely chopped, feel free to add dried salt mixture to a blender or spice grinder for a more consistent grind.
- Once dried, add the herbed salt to a bowl and add in mushrooms. Transfer to a spice shaker and enjoy!
Notes: Option to use a dehydrator as well, set to same temperature and dehydrated until herbs are dry enough to break apart in your fingers.