Pink Oyster Mushroom “Bacon Bits” (Totally Vegan Bacon)
Pink Oyster Mushrooms aren’t just pretty to look at. This amazing mushroom can be cooked up to taste just like bacon! This recipe has the flavor, mouth feel, and satisfaction of real bacon- but it’s totally vegan!
- Pink Oyster Mushrooms
- Smoked paprika (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Coconut oil (or substitute) for frying
- Cut or tear pink oyster mushrooms into small 1cm – 1 inch pieces
- Add a generous amount of coconut oil (or other butter substitute) to a hot fry pan.
- Fry oyster mushroom pieces over medium heat stirring occasionally.
- Continue frying until they get brown and crispy.
- Once crispy turn off the heat and stir in smoked paprika and salt to taste.
- Remove from pan and serve hot or cold.