Lion’s Mane Pumpkin Soup
It’s like a nice warm bath… for you brain! Sink into this amazingly delicious pumpkin soup.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ sweet onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small apple, cored + cubed (about 1 heaping cup)
- 1 small pear, cored + cubed (about 1 heaping cup)
- 1-15 ounce can light coconut milk
- 1-15 ounce can pumpkin purée
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons LION’S MANE extract
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- In a medium soup pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. When hot add onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, red pepper flakes, salt, apples and pears.
- Sauté for 5-6 minutes until onions and apples begin to lightly brown.
- Add coconut milk and reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook until apples and pears are tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- Using a hand blender, puree until smooth.
- Add pumpkin puree, honey, mushroom powder and water. Stir with a whisk to combine. Cook over medium heat until soup is warmed through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with pumpkin seeds.
(1 cup serving)
22g carbs, 3g protein, 17g fat, 400mg sodium
NOTES: This recipe was tested with Fuji apples. If you do not have a hand blender, puree in a food processor. Do not use a plastic blender such as Nutri Bullet as the Ground turmeric will stain plastic equipment and soup mixture is too hot. If using blender, allow to slightly cool first.